Shake the funk or too much?

So I haven't been quite my awesome self lately, in fact I feel like shjt and can't sleep. It's the best feeling in the world when you 'wake up' after not sleeping with your head about to explode like Chernobyl and your glands in your throat feeling like over sized bananas... (wish I had a monkey)


..but have no fear, I am still kickin' and that's all that matters, right??

So here's whats going through my brain, when do you keep your head up and fight through the sickness or problems and when do you final throw the white flag up and say I need my bed worse than Oscar the grouch needs his garbage can?

I am a traditional fight to the end type of guy, because that's what awesome people do.. haha. (ouch, hurts to laugh) But there has to be a point when you throw in the towel and say I am done.. time to curl up in a ball and count sheep, right?

WRONG! I am not going to do it. I will just take the funky medicine that a doctor prescribes and gut it out. Try to catch the addition nap here and there, and hope my immune system comes back from holidays sooner than later. (Hawaii must be nice..)

(Ok I do understand that when you are truly beyond repair you need to stop and recharge the batteries, but I don't think I am there yet. 'Think' being the key word there...)

So without getting too much more in detail, does anyone have any suggestions other than sleep, that is a 'get well quick' remedy? I'm all ears... I know there is some awesome ideas out there.

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't this be a great time for a piece of rhubarb pie? Yes, nothing gives gastrointestinal disorders quite like Be-Bop-A-Re-Bop Rhubarb Pie.

     
  2. You're a freak, Bamer. ;) In a good way. The rest of us would have taken a day off long ago. Definitely strive for 100% in everything, but just remember to take care of yourself. We all care about you and want you to be happy and healthy. :)

     
  3. I got 18 hours of sleep last night. I hope I am ready to go.. Thanks to all the people that wrote me with ways to get better.

    I appreciate it!