S-e-x after marriage?

So I was trying to kill a few minutes as I feverishly watch the clock to hit a magical time in the afternoon, a time that says I put in my dues on a Friday and I can go home. (note: I actually love my job, but see the below post and you know why..)


So anyways I came across this great article about women and their married sex lives. So being a guy like I am, I stopped to check it out. Pretty interesting... actually pretty interestingly sad. Check this stat out:
  • over 50% of married women describe their married sex lives as depressing, embarrassing or a hassle..
  • 29% are just too tired..
  • 24% said a bubble bath would be better
  • 26% would rather read some science fiction novel by Stephen king..

Really?!?!

Come on guys, that's pathetic. How does your wife describe your sex life, which had to be lively and vibrant at some point as drab, depressing and a turn-off? I want to know how this happens? Did one of you 'let yourself go' in a big way so that the other is not attracted or is it just you really have no time for it anymore?

This is something the next wave of men need to make right. I need your help (girls too.. because we all know you have sex drives like no other as well at times) guys and we need to change this statistic. I mean I don't want my wife to roll over in bed and say, "baby I am too tired, can I just read my book?"

Guys want to generally give alot to their wives and make everything perfect because that's the way most of us are. (puts on his marriage counseling hat) Seriously I know I haven't tied the knot, but I know enough that the physical parts of the relationship are important and need to at least be existent. Why do you think everyone knows the words "Kama sutra?" Because people are trying actively to spice up their love lives.. but apparently 50% of guys and girls are striking out after marriage.

Is this because of kids or because you were not ready to be married in the first place? I dunno.. you tell me? But it's pretty 'ironic', to say the least, that 50% of marriages also end in divorce. Hmm, might be a correlation? No sex, no marriage...

Check it out below: Later guys/girls, and enjoy your Friday. :P

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/poll-married-women-hate-sex

4 comments:

  1. Can I just be the first to say that women do not hate sex. ;) Haha, seriously, we actively love it and we have sex drives just as great as men do (you just can't, er, 'see' it in our pants, LOL ;) ).

    Not being married either I can't say why polls like these exist. But I do know one thing - if you're going to go to all the trouble of marrying someone, pesumably they are the love of your life, and that means that both parties should have no problem putting in 100% in all aspects. Including the bedroom.

    I would, because the physical side of things is *definitely* important. And fun. ;)

     
  2. I got a response from a friend on this that is married and I got a suprising answer.. she is in an open relationship marriage.

    I was like really? Those exist? I guess thats one way to get around it..

     
  3. Hmm... to me that kind of defeats the purpose of being married. Don't think I would go there.

     
  4. But it's funny to think about.. and 'yes' people make that work. So to each their own I guess.