Windy City

Chicago.. wow.

How do explain a city like this? Here is a couple ways I would do it by what I have seen over the last 3 days of being here and what it feels like.

It feels windy, because of how hard the weather comes off of the lake morning, noon and night. It is lively with 24/7 people running around town, all with different agendas and different places to be. It's organized chaos at it's finest. (Read a book called 'crowds' this is explained quite well.) There is a loud and rowdy night life if you can find the location on any given night. (not easy...) The roads are so bad in places I can hear the cars actually screaming while driving over them... Food is so easy to find and not just any food, but everything you could possibly imagine. Brats, Pizza, Asian Cuisine, fine dining and steakhouses and the lists go on. And on that same note, there is a Starbucks on every corner. (this is really amazing actually as well as a McDonalds never too far away)

Overall Chicago is a cool city, it's got the Sears Tower, Wrigley-ville, 6 or more museums within a 3 mile radius and more bars and nightlife then anyone would know what to do with.

I recommend visiting this city. There is so much here that anything less than a week wouldn't be justice enough.

Caio-

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a neat place, I would probably feel right at home, what with the wind and all. ;)

    I've actually always wanted to go there, track down Al Capone, smuggle some moonshine... that kind of thing. ;D

    Glad you're loving it!! Make sure to enjoy every minute.

     
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.  
  3. Chicago is cool -- I can see why my grandparents chose to move there when they immigrated from Germany after WWII.

    Chicago is a proud city. I'm surprised you don't mention Marshall Field's on that list. Notice how almost everything in Chicago is named "Field" -this or "Field" -that? After the Chicago fire ate the city, he practically rebuilt that city. He was a prominent figure, and Chicagoans were more insulted by Marshall Field's getting bought out by Macy's than they are about the Sears Tower turning into the Willis Tower.

    Do you understand why I said I couldn't go now? Pushing the date we'd leave so far back prevented it from being a worthwhile trip for me, when I had locked myself into a certain "minimum" amount of time I'd spend there. Chicago just can't be done in a day, and other commitments don't allow me the luxury of taking off and doing whatever I want whenever I choose.

    Just think of me today when I am protesting our excessive taxes at the State Capitol! :)

    I'm glad you're enjoying your Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

     
  4. I've flown through their a few times, but I've never had enough time to get out of the airport and see the city

     
  5. @ MDUBB : For sure you need to get out and see the city sometime, it's cool and the nightlife is not bad, although I would recommend going on a weekend. :)

    @ Steph : I think Al Capone is gone, but I get what you mean. Did you know that he spent alot of time in St.Paul as well? ;)

    Enjoying every minute is not a problem. ;)

     
  6. Al Capone is gone? *gasp* Really? ;)

    Haha, I know he was done for a long time ago, I just associate him with Chicago...

    He spent time in St Paul too? Hmm... did he move to Chicago because of boredom? ;)

    Haha, uh oh. That was a joke, promise! ;)

     
  7. I had to post this, because it made me laugh my ass off! I've always thought the opposite actually.

    Raphael
    Chicago was a shithole, besides the hard rock cafe

    Torin
    you didn't like chicago? really?

    Raphael
    be happy that youre in St Paul.
    chicago the boriest and windiest place ive ever been, and there are no gilrs around during the night

     
  8. Haha... well we were in Chicago on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night.. hmm, you do the math. ?

    The day life was good, but the nightlife during the early parts of the week sucked..

    and yea it is windy.. wow.

     
  9. Whooo!! Sunday night guys, let's get crunk! Chica-chica yeah

     
  10. @ Gust : Nerd.. haha