Crossroads

There will be a time in your life where you will be faced to make some huge decisions. Decisions so big that they are pretty much dictating the next 10 years or so of your life. And if they aren't dictating the next 10 years, they at least steering them heavily in one direction and severely narrowing down any decisions you will have to make after.


These decisions that you encounter are not like waking up and wondering what skirt you should wear in the morning or if your thong matches your bra and the fact that you hope your significant other will notice. They are even bigger than spending $1,000 on a plane ticket over the ocean vs. $2,000 on a down payment for your dream car.

These decisions are life altering. They will lay the groundwork for your future career and your future wife and kids. Maybe even for the rest of your life. (Just thinking about that gave me the shivers...) You won't make these types of decisions more than maybe 4-5 times in your life in my opinion so you most certainly don't want to screw them up.

You need to give yourself a lot of time to think about these things and weigh your options. You need to possibly create a silly pro/con list or try and weigh what is the most important to you. These decisions are never easy and can't be made overnight. No one can even help you, because if your friends and family do help you and sway your opinion then possibly you are doing it for the wrong reasons... You need to go down this path on your own, you need to be a bit selfish and think about what it is that you want. And then you start asking yourself if you even know? Do you?

Maybe you are even lucky enough and have multiple choices to make? And you know you would be extremely happy with any decision you make, thus making it even harder. I know some people will laugh and say, "well that should be easier then if you will be happy regardless.." But that's more part of your character and how you push through anything and make everything work and never look back on past decisions made. You can't look back anyways, you need to make this decision now and live with it, because you can't live in the past nor go back and change it in 3 years and start to think "what if?"

So I am posing the question to you. How do you go about making these crucial and life changing decisions? Is this girl the one for you...? I mean everything feels so right, she is beautiful smart and loves you. Or is this new job going to be a good fit? I mean the one you're in is great, so why change? Or maybe you are even faced with a decision of moving far away from everything familiar. This includes your best friends, your family and everything you know... Do you do it? Maybe you start to see my point...

How do you choose between 3 or more options when they all look extremely appealing? Maybe one of my female readers can give me some insight into how you decide between 3 extremely attractive males, all of which are relatively the same in size, shape and age. Basically molded into what you look for and want in a guy. These 3 guys only differ in small ways, like color of their skin and different jobs, yet all 3 have the same salary... Which guy do you choose? Is your heart up to the challenge of making the decision? Knowing full well that all 3 guys could be a perfect fit. But you can only have one. And after you choose and you later decide you made the wrong decision it's too late to go back and change. You have to live with it.

*the ticking clock from the series '24' is ticking in the background*
Can you choose?

Now that's just one example, but how do you make that decision, tell me what goes through your mind? What kind of questions are stumbling through your brain after reading this? Please leave a comment and tell me your secrets. I would love to hear them.. even if you are one of those readers who doesn't normally post, take the time and post on this topic.

8 comments:

  1. I pray about them and just wait. I've never been a hasty decision maker- so I think you should just wait and it will be revealed to you.

     
  2. Man I sure hope so.. I have a few tough ones in my life at the moment and I hope I make the right decision. hmm....

     
  3. @ Nicki : I am not a hasty decision maker either. I have taken my time this far, but I need to make a decision sooner than later.

    I think I will make the right decision. :)

     
  4. Course you will, Bamer. :)

     
  5. @ Steph : Still doesn't make it easy. ;)

     
  6. I think you will, Bamer. U are a pretty "awesome" guy from what I can tell!

     
  7. If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun. ;)

    Hehe, j/k. I know it's hard, but you will have every success, no matter which choice you make. I know this about you - I believe in you. :)

     
  8. @ you girls " Thanks alot.. I appreciate it. :) *smiles*