People are fascinating

You put on your headphones and you start listening to your favorite music on your I-pod. Your running shoes are on and you are ready to go out to the park and get your 'run on' and get some exercise. I mean why not it's a beautiful day and the sun is shining.


But today is a bit different because the park you are about to run through is probably one of the most well known 'parks' in all of America. Yep you guessed it, "Central Park" in New York City.

This park is beautiful and the overwhelming amount of people there is astonishing. It's clean, green and full of energy. This park isn't really any ordinary park either, you will find a zoo, baseball fields, lakes, metropolitan museum of art and more sidewalk vendors then you possibly need. The people there are from every ethnicity you can think of and each passing face has a story on it just waiting to be told.

A park like this is an oasis in terms of a place where you can find many people enjoying themselves. If they are having a picnic in the park or visiting the lions cage or even just out for a Sunday afternoon walk they are having a good time and general enjoyment is being had. It's a good thing to be apart of.

Not quite sure where I am going with this, or why I decided to write about it, but the feeling of running through a park like that and being able to listen to my favorite music as I get to look around and see all the new faces and different people is a pretty cool experience. You should try and see Central Park sometime in NYC, I recommend it for anyone.

Hopefully you have a park or a place like this where you can just 'get lost' for a few hours once a week.. it's nothing short of refreshing..

6 comments:

  1. Getting your 'run on' in Central Park... amazing experience. :) I remember that park well, I would love to see it in summer time though!

    You're totally right about NYC and the park being special. The whole city is it's own planet. Hope you enjoy your time there, you're such a lucky guy for having the experiences you are right now! :)

     
  2. Yeah I went for an hour run or so there.. but it was at least a 20 minute walk from where I am staying.. :) It was a cool place and I think everyone should experience it in the summer..

    Super cool and the people dynamic there is fasinating..

     
  3. I encourage anyone to seek out ANY park near them. Once the weather starts warming up, I find myself every day after park at Como Park.

    Fountains, Conservatory, zoo, kids playing, water fountains, picnics, professionals running, moms and dads giving their babies a stroll -- it is a the definition of what a true neighborhood should be.

    PS: Did you get a cramp running? :D

     
  4. @ Gust : Nope.. I have been good now. I literally only got them when you were here. I have took up some different stretching routines since then. :D Helps.

     
  5. I went back and re-read this... I think it is SO IMPORTANT people get outside in the nature. We have a tendency to build these concrete jungles of disposable architecture -- formidable wastelands that despite being built by humans are anything but human. Parks releave people's stress and anxiety, and remind them that they don't have to be mindless cogs in a machine.

    I think with where this blog post went, it should be renamed from "People are fascinating" to "Parks are fascinating" since there is little talk about people, and much talk about parks.

    So random question, speaking of parks: what was everyone's favorite piece of playground equipment? I have two: one is a swing. The second was this rather odd piece of equipment at my elementary school built of GIANT tires. We played a game called toilet monster, in which the object of the game was to climb all over the "Toilet" but to not get pulled through a toilet hole by the "Toilet Monster".

    GREAT GAME. :)

     
  6. I can't get with you on the run, yet. lol... but I'd love to sit and people watch with my ipod on. ;)