Be Different

Raise your hand if you want to be a completely normal person?

I bet no one even thought about taking a finger off of their mouse. This is maybe because you looked at ‘normal’ in a bad way and not a positive way. Or it could have been because we haven’t defined what ‘normal’ is yet.

Let’s create a quick definition to define the word normal. Normal is someone who follows and blends in with the crowd. They never really standout especially if they don’t have to. Their life is good, no financial problems, have a wife, maybe kids, but all-in-all it’s relatively bland. (or ‘safe’, for you normal people out there reading, haha)

Now with that definition in mind we can start to look at why people probably didn’t want to take their hand off of their mouse when asked if they were normal.

Why is that, is it because no one wants to be like someone else? No one wants be thought of as a follower. Especially because a leader receives a lot more praise and recognition. Who knows, could be the reason, but that’s not my point that I want to get at.

What I really want to say is being different is cool, and being unique (IMO) is the best. Don’t go out and try to put on the most crazy shjt ever, out of your closet, but be happy in your own right. Be yourself and no one else. Be different, because god knows we aren’t all the same. And if you want to get technical, we are not even close. I mean, I for example, look nothing like my dad. (But damn, the postman looks like my twin, lol) Nah just playing… sort of.

Anyways, just a random rant to all the people who, either are different and love it, or to the posers who try to be different. Big hint to the latter group, it ain’t gunna work. Us original people will be able to pick you out in a heartbeat, we know the fakes. So take off the 15 color shirt and the messed up jeans with the stolen cap, we know. You do it for the wrong reasons, and that’s to get attention. The real originals just are. We don’t mimic or copy, we just do.

Later-

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I just re-read what I wrote... what a random rant. Don't know what got into me.

    I guess I was trying to say, "be original, be yourself"

     
  2. If you really want to be yourself you first have to find out who you are. Stop trying to be what everyone wants you to be and really ask yourself "who am I and who do I want to be?" Then and only then you will. Being normal is relative and if you are who you want to be then you are your version of normal.

     
  3. @ the post above :
    ''if you really want to be yourself you first have to find out who you are...."who am I and who do I want to be?"

    great train of though, but this statement contradicts itself.
    Who do u want to be then, if u r truly yourself already?? if u r an original, u never would ask yourself that, cuz u already know what u r, and there is no questioning. you therefore dont need to adjust to anything, while everyone adjusts to u. you for sure know who u DONT want to be instead.

    On being "normal": if u dont consider yourself "normal"-good for you!! u dont want to be normal, its a big joke, really. who invented this norm anyway??those who r so sure of themselves,they want others to see themselves as "crazy"? how many people are there in the world, and have these people never heard of individuality? if people consider u weird then good for u!! some of the most brilliant people in our history have deviated from "normal" quite a bit in fact. bottom line, if u r questioning things,and someone calls u "crazy" ,take it as a compliment :)

     
  4. I'm crazy... :D

     
  5. Luckily I have always been odd. ;)

     
  6. Now it all comes out... haha. :P

     
  7. u cant compliment yourself, Bamer :)